"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 22: Have I mentioned how much I love mail?


       First things first: Today is one month in site! Only 23 more to go. I’m kidding….well actually I’m not kidding about the 23 months part, but I am kidding about the counting down. I’m having a blast down here :-)

      Next order of business: My address…..more specifically, post cards!
PCV: Kelly Tucker
Cuerpo de Paz
Casilla Postal 277
SerPost: Huaraz
Ancash, Peru, South America

          So it can cost a lot to send things internationally, go figure. Post cards aren’t bad though and it just so happens that I LOVE them. Even since I lived in England a few years ago I have been collecting post cards of all the places I visit. When I have the space I display them all on my wall. Once again I’m off in a new and wonderful place, only this time I’m not traveling every weekend. Just one of the many differences between an exchange program and the Peace Corps :-P This time around I’m decorating my walls with all the things people send me. So all of you out there reading my blog (which is a grand total of 5 according to my blog home page); if you feel like participating, grab a post card and send it my way. Funny, beautiful, home town, trip to the beach, any of it, all of it…..I’d love to know what you’re all up to :-) Thanks for reading by the way. This thing is more fun to write when I feel like I’m telling stories to friends.

Month two, here I come…..

No comments:

Post a Comment