"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 4: together at last, together forever…..


         Alright I’m exaggerating a bit….it had really only been about two weeks since all 5 of us hung out.  However, coming from the world of PST where we were under each other’s feet at all times, two weeks felt like ages :-P Jeff, Brice, Ali, Keren and I all spent the day in Caraz. It’s probably the second biggest city in Ancash, which doesn’t mean it’s actually that big; but it’s near Jeff and Brice’s sites so we decided to go for a visit. We went to the market in the morning and I got some awesome shelves made out of metal rods and woven plastic. The amusing part was me wandering through town with a set of shelves until I could talk a restaurant owner until letting me store them in his shop until we left that afternoon :-) The tradeoff was that we ate lunch there. After lunch we were done shopping and had seen most of the town, but no one was ready to go back to site so we sat and ate ice cream on the balcony of a shop beside the plaza. Someone got the bright idea (actually I think you can blame me for this one :-P) for all of us to rest out chins on the balcony railing and try to take a picture. It was a great idea until I realized neither Keren nor Jeff, the two on either end, were taking the picture. The five of us were just sitting with our chins on a railing for what looked like no reason at all :-P Sadly that story doesn’t translate so well into writing, because it’s the hardest I’ve laughed in a LONG time. Around 4:00 Keren, Ali and I caught a combi back down the main road to our sites. That night I spent some more time organizing my room with my new shelves. I am SO close to have things all set up that way I want. Just a few more fruit crates…..

No comments:

Post a Comment