"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 9: how long can a town council meeting REALLY last?!


          The answer is four hours in case you were curious. Friday morning I went to a meeting of the Alcalde and the 5 town regidores. I thought I was just going to introduce myself to the council, but I ended up sitting in for the entire meeting. It was actually a really good thing that I stayed the whole time though. I got to see how decisions are made and I got a glimpse into the personalities of each of these 6 people. Super informative. Also waiting for the meeting gave me more face time with the Alcalde’s secretary……she’s the gate keeper, I need her to like me :-) Before the meeting I stopped by the school to say hello to the director. I showed her a copy of the community diagnostic requirements and she was able to give me a book of school statistics. It’s going to be VERY helpful with the education portion of my paper. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment