"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 2 & 3: little bit of nothing and that’s ok sometimes

            Friday morning I woke up and had breakfast with my host mom as usual. Then I decided to clean up my room a bit. My regional coordinator was coming for a visit, so I thought I should made a little effort :-P Nelly (the RC) and Emily (new PCVL) came to see me around mid-morning. We sat in my room and she asked me questions about how I was adjusting to life at site and how things were going with my host family. I’m doing well, but it was nice to have the chance to talk about things with them and it’s always great to see familiar faces. Oh and Emily brought me Sour Patch Kids! I also took them for a walk to the town plaza; which was great for me. I realized that I already feel proud of where I’m living. I loved being able to show them around and actually know a little of what we were walking by. After Nelly and Emily left I went to the school to help out with an English class. Now that the teacher is back I do a lot of dictation for her during the class. I’m happy to do it because I know I’m the best resource they have for pronunciation right now, but hopefully we can plan some lessons where I get to teach too. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes though, so I’ll have to figure that one out. Friday night I finally called Jorge about my cold…..apparently two weeks is my limit. Still have to wait a few more days until I go to a city to buy medicine though. Oh well :-)
                Saturday morning I woke up and went for a walk. I’ve decided to just walk up and down the paved section of the road that goes up the mountain. The main road has too much traffic and I don’t want to walk out past the mines; not very safe for me by myself. So now I just walk laps. I figure within a few weeks it’ll seem less strange to everyone :-P When I got back to the house I started typing up the notes I’ve been keeping for myself. I think things will be easier down the way if I keep all the new information organized. I spent the rest of the day alternating between reading Harry Potter 4 in Spanish and watching TV with Jon Paul. Sometimes it’s nice to have less to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment