"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 28: my first time going back to site…..

          I woke up early Sunday morning, so I took my laptop to Cali to drink some tea and use the internet. Brice and Vero turned up after a little while so we all hung out for a little bit. I had some things I need to buy so I went the market and then went back to the café to use the internet again. Gotta use it when we can :-P Also more of the crowd was there this time and I wanted to hang out. I was dragging my feet on leaving the city; I’ll admit it. I was starting to get nervous, all over again, about going back to site. People started trickling out of the city after lunch though so I went back to the hostel to gather my things. My friend Kyle helped me find the right combi and off I went. When I got back to Mancos I met my host dad for the first time. He works in Huaraz and lives there during the weeks. He is incredibly nice and all my nerves about coming back just went out the window while I was eating dinner with my host parents. I got to talk to Mom, Dad and Natalie for a long time Sunday night as well. I love you guys <3 Time to get set for my first whole week…..

No comments:

Post a Comment