"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 11: Where we you ten years ago?


       So it’s been ten years. I know exactly where I was when I heard.

Do you?

Probably.

 That’s just not something you forget. I was in the ninth grade, in Ms. Nix’s physical science class. I even remember what seat I was sitting and who came into our class room to tell us what was happening; his name is Elliot. Now here I am, ten years later, living in Peru; a country that was partial controlled by terrorists for most of the 80s. Hate hurts people. I saw it in the States and now I see the pain left here in Peru. Everyone…everyone…. has to find a way to do better; otherwise we all just keep getting hurt. On days like today I couldn’t be prouder to part of the PEACE  Corps.
Do I sound like a crazy hippie yet? :-P I’ve officially been a PCV for about three weeks now, I suppose it’s time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment