"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 27: this game is called “how many times can we make John William run around a chair”

           Saturday morning I went back into Huaraz for an information session on the Girl Scouts program in Peru; I’m thinking about starting a troop as one of my activities. On my way in it took me a while to find a combi with enough room for me and even then I ended up sitting backwards on the front bench and leaning across the knees of two women so I could use the windowsill to keep my balance…..public transportation is always an adventure :-P In the city I met up with everyone at the café for coffee before the class. They actually have to go cups there so I even took a cup of coffee with me to class. Small joys. Turns out that Anna Maria, one of the tech trainers from my PST, came to teach us. The 17-ers were so excited to see a familiar face. Oh and the other lady that taught the class just happened to be Lucia’s mom…..our boss’s boss as Anna Maria said :-P The training was lots of fun. We were learning about the Girls Scouts program so naturally we played games, sang songs and tied knots. Yep, you all wish your job training was this much fun ;-) That night we celebrated Vero’s birthday. Went out for pizza and then ate cake at the hostel. I am just amazed at the quality of food that some of these volunteers have figured out how to make on campo stoves. Once again I had a great time hanging out with the other Ancash PCVs. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…..the five 17-ers walked into an amazing group.

No comments:

Post a Comment