"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 20: I’m leaving on a jet plane….well, actually it’s just another Cruz del Sur bus

Saturday morning I woke up WAY earlier than I wanted to, considering how late we’d all stayed out the night before. No one wanted to say good-bye, so we just waited for as long as possible. I spent most of the day packing up all of my stuff and cleaning my room. Mid-morning I went to Kelsey’s and we decided to take one last trip to our local tienda for junk food. We sat on the curb for a while before returning to our packing. I didn’t have to leave until later afternoon, so I took a break from packing to help my host mom cook Causa, it’s one of my favorite Peruvian dishes so they decided to make it for our last lunch together. Before lunch I went back over to Kelsey’s for our prearranged time to say good bye…..neither of us felt like crying before we had too. Kelsey and I were neighbors and in the same group for everything during training, so saying goodbye to her was about as much fun as one would think. Looks like I’ll be taking some vacations to Piura during my two years  Went back to my house, lunch was amazing; I actually ate till it hurt. Then I really had nothing left to do but finish packing because Jon and Kelsey had already left the neighborhood. Keren and Jeff met up at my house for the three of us to catch a cab to Lima. We went to the PC office before the bus station, so I got to see Kelsey and Kyle again. Yay! Then we went to catch our bus. We got first floor this time; which means the seats have more space and learn father back. Wahoo! Still didn’t sleep very much, but at least I was comfortable while I was awake this time :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment