"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 15 & 16: “Where’s Waldo? Maybe he knows. His name is Sandro….”

Monday morning was back in our very own Santa Eulalia training center. We each had our third language interview that morning and when we weren’t in the interviews we worked on our CD projects. Luckily I wrote a fair bit of mine before site visit; I knew that I wasn’t going to have any interest in writing a paper during the last week of training. We had a long lunch and some of us watched Tangled while we ate. Such a great Disney movie! Lunch break got even better when Carl turned up with the mail. I got all sorts of wonderful things. Love you guys!<3 After lunch we had a debrief with Lucia and Miriam about our site visits. I was great to hear a little about everyone’s adventure. I think we’re all in for an interesting two years :-P We also had our last general assembly to make sure everything was sorted out for the host family party later in the week. Later that night I went to my friend Jeff’s house to steal movies and TV shows off of his hard drive…..we all want to watch a movie from time to time and there’s no blockbuster in Peru.
Tuesday we all turned in our community diagnostic projects and presented them in small groups. It’s so nice to be done with that :-P No more homework…..for like 6 days. We had our mental health chat with the doctors; theories on how to keep us sane. Of course that’s assuming that we were all sane when we got here. There is some debate on this point. After class Kelsey and I went into Chosica to get our group photo printed as a gift for our host families. We really lucked out with this project. Turns out some host cousin of Kelsey’s has a photo printing store, so we got a great deal. That night Kelsey and I hung out and swapped photos in her room for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment