"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 2: “well yes DeWitt Jones, why indeed?”

Tuesday morning we had Spanish class at Matt’s house. His mom fed us snacks the entire time and there were tiny baby kittens…..spanish class was good too :-P After lunch we had a pretty relaxed day. We watched a video with a Nat Geo photographer talking about using our creativity and we played some team building games. Things got a little exciting when I nearly broke my ankle. No exaggeration here, my friend Amanda told me she actually got nauseous and had to turn around until they got me up :-P We did an activity where 9 of us put our feet into loops attached to 2x4s and tried to walk as a group. I was in the front, so when we lost our balance and fell forward I wasn’t able to get my foot out of the loop before the entire team landed on me. Yikes! Luckily the worst of the injury was just skin burn from the fabric of the loop….thank goodness my ankles are fairly bendy from all those years of dance. Don’t worry, Mom. I’m fine <3
After class I caught a ride to Lima with the tech trainers so I could go to the eye doctor and pick out some prescription sunglasses. The sun around here is no joke. I met up with Phillip from the business group and we went over to Jockey Plaza to the optica. Eye doctor’s appointments are far more exciting in another language. We got through it through and we both picked out nice frames. After the eye doctor we hit up the food court and ate on the cab ride home. Love me some Pizza Hut!

No comments:

Post a Comment