"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 14: get ready, get set…..week 10

Sunday morning we got into Lima around 5 am….once again our bus had some air conditioning issues. Ugh! We went by the Peace Corps office to use the internet; which wasn’t working so well so Jeff, Keren and I just caught a cab back to Santa Eulalia. My host family didn’t think I was getting home until later so they were pretty surprised when I walked through the door at 7:30 in the morning :-P I ate breakfast with Sra. Isabel and told her all about my new site. I spent the rest of the day catching up on writing my blog and finishing up my community diagnostic. I also went to Kelsey’s when she finally got back to we could dish about our respective sites. I’m really going to miss that girl. I also said bye to my host brother Luis. He spends his weeks in Lima, so I wasn’t going to see him again before I moved. Strange……

No comments:

Post a Comment