"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 9 & 10:


              Sunday was an internet work day for me, so Ali and I went in search of internet in Yungay. We could only find one place that would let me hook my own laptop and even then I had to sit in the middle of the room with the laptop balanced on a stool because the cord wouldn’t reach anywhere else :-P Needless to say I got less work done than I would’ve like too. Oh well. Ali and I ended up walking around and looking at the market for a little while and then heading back down the highway. She came and saw my site too. It’s always fun to show people around.
                Monday was a good day. I finally finished giving my survey to all the students in the secundaria……now I just have to get them all counted :-/ I also was finally ready to sit down and talk to my directora about the World Map project that I want to do. I submitted my written request for permission to have the class and paint a wall; she seemed really receptive so hopefully I will get approval!
                Monday is also exactly two months before Mom gets to Huaraz. There is a rule for PCVs that you can’t take vacation or have visitors for the first 6 months in the county. Mom joked forever about how she would be knocking on my door six months, to the day, after I left the county. ……turns out it’s not a joke, folks. I landed in Lima, Peru on June 10, 2011; Mom’s bus gets into Huaraz around 6:30 AM December 10, 2011. She’s crafty, that one :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment