"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 4: some days the highs and lows have just a little bit more distance between them…..


         Tuesday was a bit of a rough day for me. Something went wrong with my stomach and I ended up spending most of the day either lying in bed or running back and forth to the bathroom…..not so fun. What was worse is that I had agreed to teach a class for one of my friends while he was on a trip to the jungle and I had to cancel on him. Bummer. So 4 o’clock roles around and I’m still lying in bed, but at least I’m starting to feel a little better at this point. My host brother knocks on my door to tell me that some students are at the house to talk to me. Turns out they had actually listened when I said I would help with English homework and they had come looking for help! It was so cool. We sat down at the dinner table and I helped them with an English reading assignment. Yay! They even said they might come to the English club the next week…..we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment