"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

September 29: they actually showed up!!!


               Thursday afternoon I had the first meeting of my English club at the secundaria school. Ok, actually it’s the second, but the first time there was a bull fight in the next town over and no one came…..but really, how can I ever expect to compete with bejeweled Spaniards? So this week is the first one that counts and people actually came!! They showed up late, so I had just long enough to start feeling bad for myself…..and then wait, doth mine eyes deceive me? Six Peruvian children wandering across the volleyball court to get to my classroom. It was so cool! And I am SUCH a nerd :-P
                In other news I started giving out my youth survey in the school on Thursday as well. Let the counting of respuestas begin. Fortunately I had the brain wave to bring candy to the classes, so I think most of the completed both pages. Watch out community diagnostic……. 

No comments:

Post a Comment