"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 1 & 2: it’s like every time I turn around I’m in another month


  Ok bit of an exaggeration, but really…it’s already October and in just a few days I will have been in Peru for 4 months. That’s longer than some celebrities stay married.
                Saturday morning I woke up and counted a bunch more surveys. I’m going to have statistics coming out my ears for a little while, but I think it will be a big help when it comes time to actually write my work plan. I also can’t help but wonder what the answers would look like if I gave this interview to my old high school…..I doubt some parts of it would be very different at all. Saturday night I went back into the city. Poor planning on my part having to go twice in one week, but I’d be lying if I said I don’t love hanging out with everyone. I ran some more errands and got lots more copies of my survey made. I was particularly careful to buy more candy too; it’s amazing how a small bribe can go so far when collecting information. :-P I also remember to get some photos printed. I’ve decided to just collage my walls with photos and keepsakes (see the post from September 22 if you would like to participateJ). And Claire, just so you don’t have to wonder, the inflatable guitar has already been hung on red yarn and added to the wall. It might be part of a Halloween costume too, but we’ll have to see about that.  Sunday morning I used the internet at Cali for a while and then headed back to site. Spent some time with the host fam and then got myself organized for the coming week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment