"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

September 25: I start walking your way, you start walking mine…..


       Sunday morning I went on a hike with Elke, Vero and Kaitlyn; three of the other volunteers that live near me. I caught a car up to one of the little towns in the mountain above me to meet up with Kaitlyn and Vero, and then the three of us walk for about 2 hours, through the mountains to meet up with Elke. We met her in another volunteer’s site so we had to walk another 2 ½ hours or so to get to her site. The whole hike was just us meandering through fields on the mountains between the two towns. It was SO beautiful. At the end of our hike we caught a car down from Elke’s site to Carhuaz. We got some lunch and went to the market for a little while. Not a bad way to spend a day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment