"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 15: Can I have your number? Can I have it?

We got our cellphones on Friday. Hurray! They are tiny and don’t have very good reception, but we now have a way to communicate with each other without having to run across town. We also had our TAPs groups meetings to go over the final details for FBT. We got the schedule….the week is going to be crazy I think and I can’t wait. We also had a Junta Directive meeting. We’re trying to get the Peru 17 souvenirs organized so we can order them. I think we’re going to be getting some really cool stuff.

Friday night some of us went up to Santa Eulalia para la fiesta del Dia de la Virgen Carmen. There was a big band and a huge tower of fireworks on the cancha. Sadly, because of my curfew, I had to leave before the fireworks. The music was great though and I hear the fireworks were fantastic. I will see one of these towers up close one day. Peruvian Independence day is coming up soon, so maybe that’ll be my chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment