"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 11: Can I just have a re-do?

So I can honestly say Monday was not one of my better days. All the PCVs talk about how occasionally things just catch up to you and Monday was definitely that for me. I have been fighting a cold for a while and my host dad keeps coming up with reasons why he thinks I might be sick. Monday’s was that I shower in the mornings and I got a good long lecture telling me I should just stop showering. Not only do I not know enough Spanish to politely tell him that he’s wrong, I don’t want to appear disrespectful. So I just got out of the house as fast as I could. Then somewhere in the day I got a bug bite on my ankle that apparently I’m allergic to, because my ankle got really hot and swelled up like a balloon. That was cute. We also got a pretty long talk about sexual assault that morning. Very informative, but not exactly the amusing distraction I was hoping for. Oh well. I got some good news that afternoon though, I moved up a level in my Spanish class! Hurray! After class Kelsey and I went to Chosica to get money out of the bank, that’s right, we have debit cards now :-P Then we went to Plaze Vea so I could buy a new pillow. I went home to do a little homework and then decided to break in my new pillow by going to sleep early. Today’s lesson….tell someone if you’re having a bad day and then shake it off. Cookies help too ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment