"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

October 18: the devil is in the details


           So Tuesday was an exciting day. Vero came back from Lima and she stopped in Mancos to give me a doughnut she had brought me…..a Dunkin Doughnut! Then Kait turned up to exchange materials for the FBT classes we’re preparing. I kept running out the front of my school in between classes to find them :-P That afternoon I was all set up to start my World Map class, but when I got to the school the front door was locked, bummer.  I sat on a bench outside of the school to talk to the students as they turned up and explain why we weren’t having class. I ended up wandering around town for a little while with two of the girls, so all was not lost. Later that night I watched telenovelas with my host fam while I counted school surveys…..exciting stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment