"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Hartsfield Influence

At the airport I think they call it a holding pattern. All the planes full of people and their stuff just waiting. The seat belts are fastened and all the other flight attendants' rules are followed too…..but still just waiting. There is a schedule somewhere dictating when each plane is leaving, but really that could change at any point. Maybe a windshield wiper broke or maybe it's snowing in Chicago…..doesn’t matter. The time table changes and the planes wait.


que opening sequence……..no really, it's true. Welcome to my life. Not the beginning. Certainly not the end. Just a stop somewhere a long the line. Oh and that’s me with my nose pressed against the terminal window watching the planes. See I don’t even know which one I’m getting on yet. I got pushed so far back into the holding pattern I’m still just waiting for my new gate assignment. ….. my goal is to be a Peace Corp Volunteer. The good news is that it turns out that the Peace Corp wants me to be one too. All on the same page right? Almost. The original plan was for me to leave in February 2011; that is no longer the plan. So now I wait. I qualified and I’m in, they just don’t know where to put me. So now I wait.


Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We apologize for the delay in our departure. We hope to get you into the air shortly, though the definition of shortly is still under some discussion. So, in the mean time, we have been advised to just make it up as we go along………..please note that the fasten seatbelt sign will remain on - this may be a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment