"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

July: ‘Tis the season for a Fiesta


So while all of you in the states are enjoying the summer months. (Or possibly not enjoying, I heard about the heat. Ouch!); we in Peru are enjoying what I call Fiesta Season. In my little corner of the country we are rapidly approaching a two month string of town, school and what-ever-other-reason fiestas. On one hand this is fun, there will be lots of dancing, parades, sports tournaments and big lunches. On the other hand, we will be missing some or all classes almost every week. Also the kids have started to practice their dances and their marching in the afternoons, which means most of my afternoon classes are pretty much done for. Blah. Oh well, got get on the local level right? My projects are still going, they are just going slowly. So bring on the huayno, serve up the pollada and light the castillo……I’m game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment