"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where the Boom Bands are playing."
- Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Friday, March 11, 2011

I propose a vote

Upon re-reading, I realized that my last blog post has a mistake in it. Actually, it's safe to assume that most of my posts have mistakes, but I’m not talking about grammar troubles here.

“How very American of me, right?”

Anybody see it? I said American, as in from America. Although, what I really mean is the United States. Yes, I know we live in the United States of America, but I’ve realized how easily I forget that there are two other countries and a whole other continent that are part of an America …..Canada, Mexico and all of South America in case you don’t have a map handy :-P

I’m not sure if people from the rest of the Western Hemisphere even get offended by this; but just in case, I think it’s time we come up with an extra option when referring to ourselves according to nationality.

United States-ians?....United States-ic?............United States-ish?

Hmmm…none of these have a ring to them, but you can see where I’m going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment